Wednesday, July 4, 2012

This is it. I am going to do it, I am going to blog. Since I have missed so much I will move from today forward and do lots of flashbacks. I have lots to catch-up on, we have had a baby and a foreign exchange student since I posted last. It may take me a while, but I have determined to try and not get overwhelmed.
I figure the best place to start is today!
Today is the 4th of July, my absolute favorite holiday. To me it is best of summer wrapped-up in one day: swimming, sunshine, friends, popsicles, bar-b-q, patriotic music and fireworks. Plus, I love history and I am so grateful to live in a free, prosperous country. Being raised in the Air Force helps me appreciate the great men and women who serve and protect our country.
Ironically this July 4th has been soaked with rain! Don't worry we are loving it. It has been so long since it rained my kids are thrilled. We have taken lots of pictures this morning of the kids playing in the rain. ( Have you ever noticed that you can always spot someone from Arizona when it rains? It's like we just don't know what to do with ourselves. The kids can't stay out of it and their parents don't know how to drive in it.) Plus we enjoyed a bike-ride/walk before the rain set in. This cool day in the middle of summer is a welcomed treat. So happy 4th!

2 comments:

Moira-Lin said...

So glad to see your post! We are loving the rain too. Happy 4th

Grandma Carla said...

Yahoo!! So glad you are BACK!