Monday, July 20, 2009

Goodbye 20's!

Most of your life you never believe you will be 30! Most people dread it, not me I am perfectly content to welcome the 30's. Don't get me wrong, the 20's were good to me, good enough to move on. So I thought I would take a moment to recognize all the growth and experience gleaned in my 20's.
* The 20's started in college, lost and searching like 98% of 20-year-olds. I worked for the City of Goodyear coaching swimming and teaching water aerobics. I also waitressed at Cracker Barrel.
*At 21 I submitted papers to serve a mission, but my parents separated and I put the papers on hold. In the mean time I met Marc and we got married (Marc will be pleased I don't currently have digital wedding pictures to post.) I finally quite being a waitress and started working for Desert Schools Federal Credit Union.
* At 22 we bought our first house (enjoyed remodeling), I graduated from ASU, and landed my first teaching job (real money, well sort of).
* At 22-23 I served on a cadre and opened a new high school. Plus we bought our second house and moved to Goodyear. (We moved five times in three years)
* At 24 I had my first baby, Kennedy.
* At 25 I went to New York. I had my first (and last) Student Teacher! I also contracted the building of our pool. I started my own swimming lesson business.
* At 26 I left the perfect job, and my best friend, to become a librarian and started my Masters degree. I also started directing Diversity Camps.
* At 27 I had my first miscarriage.
* At 28 I took on Student Government, had my second baby, Carter, bought a car, and finished my Master's Degree.
* At 29 I spent most of the year adjusting to the growing pains of life, motherhood, supporting my husband through school, etc. Did I mention I got to go to Cancun! (If you ever see me zone out, I am mentally visiting the Mayan ruins.)
Throughout my 20's I cannot count the number of times I have willingly embarrassed myself (see below), moved, done something I thought I couldn't do, laughed, cried, and grown in ways I am incapable of describing. As tough as times are, I have a wonderful life. I am very blessed and the Lord has always taken care of me. Knowing this, I look forward to what the 30's will bring.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Marni said...

You were cute at 20 and you are STILL cute at 30! My 30th is coming up next year... I am not so cute.

neally82 said...

Kasie, you never cease to amaze me! You are such a great sister, wife and mother. You are such an example to me. I can only hope that I can live up to growing up in your shadow. :-) Hope the next ten years are as good to you as the last ten.