Monday, July 20, 2009

July so far.....

I want to start out by saying that I just poured my heart out in a blog the computer lost, this will be my second attempt at July.....
I love the fourth of July it is my favorite holiday. We enjoyed the ward breakfast, Kennedy spent the morning with the stomach bug, I hit the 50% off sale at Goodwill for school uniforms, we hosted a family bbq, I read a book, swam with the Burnett's at the city pool, and ended at the Black's for a backyard view of the fireworks. Who could ask for more?
Monday I was off to Student Government camp. The camp was huge this year with 400 participants, 8 of which were my students. Overall the camp was great and each of the kids took home special experiences. Cell phone reception was awful and I had to eventually email to keep in touch with Marc. The picture to the left is from our 70's Disco themed banquet. I searched several thrift stores for a decent outfit, and really struggled. Then I got home from camp and noticed several stores are carrying 70's inspired clothing! The worst part of camp was driving home to the valley in a car without air conditioning. Again, I need to thank my mom for coming to AZ to watch the kids while I was at camp.
A few days later we were off to California to visit our family/friends the Mueller's. Surprisingly Marc was able to take off work and drag his laptop for homework to join us. (I probably have not mentioned that Marc has gone back to school full-time. He will be working part-time and finishing his degree in Computer Information Systems. If all goes well he will finish in December 2010.) Wednesday I took the kids to Huntington Beach for boogie boarding and sand castles. Thursday we went to Disneyland and tried out-of-the-ordinary things. Friday the Mueller's joined us with their new surf board on a beach trip. The beach we went to was rocky and not so kid friendly, but apparently great for surfing. We had a good time nonetheless. Later that night we went on a date with Clint and Melinda. (It is so nice to have a built in babysitter). Unfortunately we had to come home on Saturday. When we got here we went straight to a wedding reception and then to Spencer's Surprise Birthday Party.
Now we are looking the school year straight in the eyes. Student Government training starts Wednesday. We are hosting a regional spirit conference September 1st, plus all of the normal school year stuff. So we really need all the time we can get to be ready.
Side note on life: Why does it seem that just when you are comfortable everything changes? Our principal and head counselor have taken jobs in Connecticut. My student activities administrator has been transferred. The bookstore lady was promoted. MY AIDE RETIRED. My classroom, class period, and school schedule are changing. Kennedy is going to Kindergarten. Marc is now working part-time and going to school full-time. My hairdresser moved and I have gained ten pounds. What is the Lord trying to tell me?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

neally82 said...

And yet you still look AMAZING and are somehow keeping it all together. You definitely make me look like a bum in comparison. We love you and I am really enjoying all your blog updates... just reminds me how long it's been since I've done mine!